– Leg shaving. Gear ratios. Maximum heart rate calculations and riding to the local shops in lycra. This all coming up on this weeks Ask GCN Anything. – It certainly is, but the first question is in relation to indoor training. A pertinent subject this time of the year of course and it comes from
Now we’re coming up to the start line of your first race, and you’re excited, you’re warmed up, you’ve fueled properly, and basically I just wanted to touch base on what happens when you get to the start line. Well, usually you’ve got a lot of people fighting for the front — what we call
– We’re in Daytona! Look at us, we got our swag on. We’re at Chick-fil-A picking up breakfast before we head to the speedway. We’re really stoked. It is raining today, and we brought exactly zero rain clothes. – I wonder what they’re gonna do on the track since it’s raining. – I don’t know.
– In a recent video we talked about how much of a benefit you could get by getting more aero on your bike even when you are climbing. However, that was using an online bike calculator. – That’s right. So we decided that we’d actually better come and test it out in real life so
– Triathlon involves a continuous effort going from swimming to cycling to running. And as a result, your training need to include practicing these sports back to back. In particular, the bike to the run. Well one athlete who does know the importance of a brick session is USA’s Chelsea Sodaro. Now, Chelsea came from
(gentle music) – Now here’s a question for you. When you’re braking, should you be doing it with your front brakes, rear brakes, or both of them? – Now, that is a very good question, and today we’re gonna be covering just that. And after all, being able to slow down or even stop quickly
– If we look like we’ve just done Parriere Bay, we kind of have. This morning we set out from the Arenberg Forest to look at the final 100k’s of this year’s race, a video which you will hopefully see soon, if it’s not out already. But now we’ve arrived here at Carefore De Labe,
Speaker 1: Here at Newport Velodrome for Ollie’s Hour Record. Audience: Welcome to GCN show. Dan: Welcome to the GCN show. Manon: Coming up this week, has cycling become an arms race with bikes and components out of reach of the average person on the streets? Dan: We shall discuss. We’re also going to look