I’m here with Zwift in Yorkshire, England, for the UCI World Road Race Championships where the finest riders in the world come here to do battle for the coveted rainbow bands of World Champion. The championships include time trials and road races for both men and women in Junior, Under-23 and Elite category. And are
– Welcome to the GCN Show. This week we ask, has pro cycling screwed itself? – And a very hot topic here in the UK, should police crack down on fixies with no brakes? – Si, when people see the new Shimano Ultegra, everyone is going to want brakes, mark my words. – [Simon] True
– [Dan] There’s no reason to stop riding your bike in the winter months, just because it’s a little bit colder, and a little bit wetter. – [Matt] Yep, so coming up are GCN’s top winter riding hacks. (upbeat music) – One of the problems of winter riding, can be the lack of grip. Now
– January the first is traditionally the day where pro cyclists get to put up selfies of themselves hoping (beep). Again. (laughing) I didn’t even let out a cackle, just a slight snigger. Yeah, welcome to the GCN Bloopers Show Christmas 2017. – I’m trying to think what I can reach for. (lengthy no) (lengthy
– Now you’re quite right that you might be wondering what we’re all doing stood here at the side of a pool looking cool, resplendent in some cutting edge swimwear. – Yeah, because swimming trunks is not something you’d normally associate with us here at the Global Cycling Network. – Hold on a minute now.
– Descending is a joy. After all the hard work of pedalling up a climb, this is the reward. The thrill of speed, gloriously effortless, exciting and fun. – Well, for some of us, maybe not. This video is for those of you who don’t find much joy in descending. Those of you who are
– Welcome to Ask GCN Anything. This week coming to you from the NaturHotel Miraval in Alta Badia in the Dolomites. This week’s show is a winter training special, so let’s get started with this question from Angie Munoz, who is asking about ways to stay motivated and conditioned through the long, and I’m guessing
– Well, hello. This is the Passo Gardena Hill Attack session. I’m a little bit nervous, but let’s give it ago. It’s a beautiful day. Here we go. Well, thanks very much, Matt. This is the Passo Gardena Hill Attack session, taking place, of course, on the Passo Gardena and there is the beautiful climb