– Welcome to the GTN Show brought to you from a local pub and we have a very special show today because today we are rounding out 2019 and bringing in 2020. – Yes, Happy New Year to all of you guys and what a year it has been. So big in fact that we
– Ah, merry Christmas, Fraser. – And happy Christmas to you too, Mark. – Now, we thought we could celebrate Christmas a little early here at GTN. So, here is a little stocking for you, Fraser. – Well, luckily I was on the same page, there’s your present too. So, now we’re ready to get
– Well what an incredible day we’ve had here at the Ironman World Championships. We saw some early breakaways during the swimming, both the men’s and the women’s races. Some aggressive riding, from the off. Some of the pre-race favorites, either dropping out or having simply some off days, and, a rather big record fall.
– Welcome back to the GTN show, brought to you by Zwift, and literally from Zwift this week because we are delighted to be in a Zwift pad ahead of the Ironman World Championships here in Kona. – Yeah, no, we have got a really exciting show for you this week. We’re going to be
– Now each year, thousands of triathletes start their season with one goal in mind and that is to get themselves to the IRONMAN World Championships in Hawaii. – Yeah, it is one of the toughest events in the world for triathletes to train for and earn a spot at. So how do you get
– It’s the GTN Show. And we are going big. Talking further, faster, and longer. As today, we are discussing some impressive recent world records that have just been broken, as well as one that’s in the pipeline. – Yeah, and there may only be two weeks to go ’til the IRONMAN World Championships, but
– Inside this fairly unassuming-looking building, we have a pretty big surprise for Lucy and Reece Charles-Barkley. (dramatic music) – Come on Luce, come on. – Keep going guys. – Given there wasn’t really any love lost after our last Tabayesco challenge on Lanzarote, we’ve managed to tempt Lucy and Reece into another head-to-head, but
– Right, If I asked you to think of one of the fastest swimmers in the sport of triathlon, I’m pretty sure most of you would think of Lucy Charles-Barclay. Yeah, she has brought a whole new dynamic to the long-distance racing scene. She basically just attacks from the off during the swim and tries