– There’s a familiar sound that echoes around the hillsides. (bike gears grinding) Not only does it sound terrible, but it sounds expensive as well because grinding and crunching your gears cannot only snap your chain but also wear out your drive train really quickly. (upbeat music) (electronic swooshing) You really need to check your
– Welcome back you beautiful people. Yes, it’s that time again of that month where we bring in all those fails and bails. Yes, where you people are trying to perfect that skill of yours. Let it be jumping, cornering, doing a drop, or just going hellish high speeds down through the woods and something
(cash register beeping) (muffled background talking) – [Martyn] Oh, not that big. – [Blake] Whistler water. (muffled speaking) – [Blake] Super sub – Do you think someone would like– – [Blake] That’s real nice. – Trail mix? – [Blake] Trail mix. Come on. Oh yeah, all right, come on. – Done. – So we’ve got
– Welcome back you beautiful people. Yes, another Game of Cards but I’ve got Neil Donoghue, ’cause you want to get in part of the action. – I don’t want to get involved but I’ve been made to be involved. I don’t know what’s going on but we’ll do it. (country swing music) (country swing
– [Blake] Oh, here comes a rider now, two riders. – [Neil] Nice. – Big jump. Steezing it out. Another one. Oh! We are in Whistler. This is the famous A-Line trail. – Probably the most famous jumps in the world, we’re going to talk about how to ride big jumps. – Mm-hmm. (relaxed hip-hop
(logo whirring) – Welcome back you beautiful people. Today is an Ashton Academy Trials Academy. Martyn said to me in here that this specific rock, he’s not here yet, but he did say ride this rock over and over and over again. It could get a bit boring, but all right. Ride this rock over
– [Martyn] Corner (chicken cackles) cows ass. – [Blake] Try to go straight, Mart. – [Martyn] I am, that’s me trying to correct! – [Blake] Yeah, brake down here. Brake, brake, brake, brake, brake, brake, brake. Let go, let go, let go, let go. – [Martyn] Oh no, oh. Whoa!! – [Blake] Holy (chicken cackles).
– You may have worked your way up the progression ladder, slowly on your E-bike, jumping from small tabletops, you worked your way up to doubles. But often when you go to a bike park, there can be some pretty intimidating big, big features, and if they go wrong can mean big, big crashes. So