– From Tre-vu-ra San-gu-da-doo, welcome to the GCN Show! – [Videographer] Woo! – Hello and welcome to the GCN show, brought to you by our friends at Wiggle. – This week we’re staring into our crystal ball and discussing future cycling trends. What will cycling be like in 2038? – I think my virtual legs
– Steel is the most traditional of bike materials, it’s got a long and distinguished career in cycling. And while new wonder materials have stolen it’s limelight there are many people for whom a steel bike is the dream bike but how does it really compare? Well yeah steel is steel yes but there are
– From Mount Glorious in South East Queensland, Australia, welcome to the GCN Show. – Hello, and welcome to the GCN Show, brought to you by our friends at Wiggle. – Now coming up, are bike helmets actually just a distraction from the bigger issue? We talk to one of the scientists behind the most
– Oh. Hi. This is my bike. Please don’t use that intro. This bike is my Canyon Inflite AL SLX 9.0 cyclocross bike and you might recognise it from a couple of videos that we filmed in Belgium when we went to film pro bikes at the Koksijde World Cup, which was then cancelled. I
– Here we are again. We’ve the show where we answer because you have asked. It is Ask GCN Anything, and the first of those questions this week comes in on Twitter from Edwin. “I never use a saddle bag. “So, is there any alternate, compact, “and effective solution to carry your saddle bag stuff?
Over the last three years, we have given you literally hundreds of maintenance tips but never before have we put in one place all the things that you shouldn’t do until now, that is, because here are the top 10 maintenance mistakes. First mistake regards lubricant, but not the way you’re thinking. Many people either
Of all the parts of your bike that need cleaning, your chain is perhaps the most important one. A clean chain is a long-lasting chain, and that also has a positive effect on the lifespan of your whole drivetrain. So it is a definite money-saving tip. There is a specific technique to effective chain cleaning,
– Last week you may have seen our video on introducing the fundamentals behind any training program. It’s well worth checking this out if you haven’t already seen it, as this is the basis to any good training program. This week the focus is on pushing yourself harder than you have done before. Introducing some