– Okay, so we’re here at the Koppenberg Cyclocross, one of the most iconic cross races in the world. Today’s the first race of the DVV Trophy. I’m here with a friend, Bart. – Hi. – Well, the two-time Belgian champion, two-time world champion. Bart, thanks for coming out. – You’re welcome. (metallic whooshing) (dreamy
– I’m at the Centrum Ronde Van Vlaanderen, or Tour of Flanders Center, here in Oudenaarde, Belgium. This is a really cool place. There’s loads to see and do here and it’s absolute must-visit for, well, any cycling fan who’s coming through the area. But I’m here to see an exhibition on the very first
We’re back with the GCN Racing News Show. It’s been another big week in the World of professional racing. The second of the season’s five monuments took place yesterday in the form of the Tour of Flanders, we shall be focussing on that, but we’ll also be dipping into the GP Miguel Indurain, Dwars Door
– [Narrator] The Cobbled Classics. (dramatic suspenseful music) Over a century old. Over 260 kilometers long. Defined by the casend, the Pavé. Beautiful, but brutal. A test of skill, nerve, endurance, power, resilience, tactics and equipment. – And equipment is something you can only have so much control over. Unfortunately, lady luck does sometimes still
– 2017 marks the 115th edition of the great race called Paris-Roubaix. It starts in Compiègne and finishes 257 kilometres later in the famous Roubaix Velodrome. And in between they have more cobbles than last year a total of 55 kilometres to be exact only adding to the bone-rattling experience of the riders this Sunday.
Welcome back, this week the cobbled classics conclude on Northern France with Paris Roubaix, we have the sprinters classic, Scheldeprijs, stage racing in the Basque Country and the Netherlands, plus records tumble in the velodrome at the Commonwealth Games. It is with great sadness though that I have to start this week’s show by telling
– From the middle of absolutely nowhere, welcome to the GCN Show. – Welcome to the GCN Show, brought to you by Wiggle. – This week, the big story was the Tour of Flanders, so we talk you through just how it was won, and lift the lid on Team Quick-step’s secrets. – There’s some
– With the Cobbled Classic season here upon us, we start to see some changes on the bikes of professional cyclists. One of the most common changes is in fact, double wrapping handlebar tape. The reason they do so is to get a little bit more extra comfort when riding over cobblestones. However, it’s not