– Over the years, we’ve often mentioned or touched on the subject of trickle-down technology in bike tech. Now, Shimano said to me, would I like to do a video on this? And I jumped at the chance because I’ve always used their components throughout my racing, and also my general cycling career too. So,
– Welcome to the GCN Tech Show. This week we’ve got ourselves a new app, plus some new tires, and not to mention a collaboration between Hope Technology and Lotus Engineering. And also, we discuss exactly what you want to see in the future. Let’s g- (record scratch) Ah, it’s just me. Right, you all
– Bicycles have gears to help you ride more efficiently when going uphill, downhill, and on the flat across all varied terrain. Without easy gears, you’d grind to a halt when trying to go up steep hills and without bigger gears, well you wouldn’t be able to pedal fast enough when going downhill. But how
– Now particularly during this period of weather here in Europe our bikes get absolutely filthy, and one of the areas that suffers the most is in fact your rear wheel, because all the rubbish from the road tends to fly up and accumulate onto it. Now, one of the areas of particular importance here
– Shimano have just launched the world’s first gravel and adventure riding specific groupset. Shimano GRX. Here it is. Now in this video, I’m going to give you a first look at it. I’m going to go through all the features and options, there are quite a lot. And crucially, I’m going to explain what
(relaxed chill music) – One of the teams that’s made the biggest impact in the Tour de France in recent years is these guys, AG2R La Mondiale. And one of the reasons behind the team’s success is always their choice of equipment, all of which is stashed in the back of this, the team truck.
Hey guys, welcome to my channel The joy of building a road bike Before riding a new bike, always check the saddle position Getting the right saddle height is one of the first things we need to do Place your heel on the pedal and pedal backwards to reach the six o’clock position Your keel
We’ve recently had a lot of questions from viewers asking how they decide whether they need a short, a medium, or a long cage rear derailleur And also, whether they need to change it out when they change the ratios of the cassette or the chainrings at the front. Well, we’ve been doing some research
– Whilst the transmissions on most modern mountain bikes, works incredibly well in a variety of conditions, you still need to have smooth inner cables for it to work properly. Ideally, you wanna change your cables once a year, perhaps more if you ride in really wet conditions. So, here’s how you replace your cables.
(dramatic whooshing noises) – Welcome back to another episode of the GCN Tech Clinic. (quiet calming background music) If you’ve got yourself a bike related problem, no matter what it is, make sure you leave it down there in the comment section and I’ll do my best to answer it in an upcoming episode. Alternatively,