– I’m here at the Giro d’Italia, and it’s time to go and find some of the lightweight and custom tech on the rider’s bikes. Let’s go and have a look. Right, I’ve just happened to bump into Alexander Vinokourov of the Astana team, and he has got, probably the most bling pair of shoes
– Professional cyclists spend thousands of hours on their bikes each and every year so a correctly fitting bike is absolutely essential. So today I’m gonna go and ask some of the pros whether or not they’ve had a bike fit, if they’ve stuck to the recommendations, and also some more in depth answers too.
– I’m here at the Taipei Bike Show and I’m on the hunt for all the latest and greatest urban cycling tech. There’s loads of weird and wonderful stuff here including this four seater bike. This is designed to be fun for the entire family, so I’m just gonna go for a quick ride on
(collisions reverberating) – We’ve looked at the myths surrounding carbon fiber. We’ve lifted the lid on aluminum. We’ve investigated whether steel is in fact real; it was. But, there is still a big gap in the GCN Material Sciences Course. And that, is titanium. For a while, in the early ’90s, titanium was going to
– It’s wacky, it’s fun, it’s crazy, it’s outrageous, it’s a whole lot of fun, but there aren’t any prizes to be won, ’cause this isn’t fun house, it’s the Taipei Bike Show and I’m on the hunt for the most weird and wonderful tech. So, let’s go find it. (playful flute music) It’s important
– I’m here at the Red Hook Crit in Milan, which is different from any other bike race we’ve been to with GCN before, because the riders have to use fixed gear bicycles with no brakes, it’s absolutely bonkers. Now James Lowsley Williams, fellow GCN presenter, is gonna be competing in this race, rather him
– It’s the 2019 Tour de France and I’m in Brussels for the Grand Depart. It’s a hive of activity here, there’s loads going on. One of the most exciting things is the launch of a brand new components brand called Cadex. Now, while at the Grand Depart, Cadex invited us down to the launch